Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Post-Graduation

I'm--I'm blogging? What is this craziness?! Oh yeah. I've graduated college and now have free time. What a concept.

I thought that I would go ahead and show everyone what I have been up to since I've been home. ART. Yeah, I now have time for art again. Hopefully I'll be able to find a nice balance between that, reading, writing, and other things that I want to do.


This is an acrylic painting triptych based on the movie My Neighbor Totoro. I've had the idea for some time but it wasn't until a few days ago that I could finally get to painting this. I'm glad that I did, but now I don't have a spot for them. Oh well.



I follow an artist on deviantART who goes by DragonsAndBeasties. Not too long ago she put up a video tutorial on how she makes her dragons. I decided to take a crack at it. The blue one was my first attempt but I ran out of navy clay to do the wings. The next dragon is done in a glow-in-the-dark clay and since it's considerably smaller than the other I was able to do the wings. I like how they turned out and hope to develop my own item that can transcend ages and groups that I can make and sell from what I've learned.



I'm pretty excited about this Friday. While I was messing with clay yesterday I thought it would be fun to make a couple of things that I could wear to The Avengers. I decided to make an Iron Man pendant to wear as a necklace and the A from The Avengers logo as earrings. They should be fun to wear whenever I see it. We're still not sure if we're going at midnight, yet.

No comments: