Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Me, a RM? 真的嗎?

That's the strangest thing of itself. I'm a Return Missionary. If you had asked me if that could ever happen five or more years ago, I may have laughed kindly in your face. Just saying. And now I've been home for eleven days. That's even stranger. 好奇怪。

It's a little interesting to me how the whole mission experience worked out. There were plenty of tough times. I heard over and over again that a mission would be on of the hardest things that you do. I thought to myself that that was a no-brainer, but I still didn't completely grasp what that meant. And, boy, if I had known before who would have known what my decision would have been.

Don't get me wrong missions are hard, but they are so worth it. I learned a lot about myself and many more things. There are times when I think, Did I really learn that much? But then then Lord gives me opportunities like this blog post to remind me that I did. I pray that I can always remember these things.

我想念香港!I miss Hong Kong. It's, again, strange that I'm not there. I catch myself thinking and wondering if that time actually happened. Was I really there for that long? So strange and yet wonderfully amazing. The Lord was so merciful sending me there. He knew that I had to have that stupid surgery in the MTC in order for me to go there. I kind of wish there was another method, but that's what He wanted me to experience.

I met some amazing people there. I'm a little weirded out that missionary work is stilling going on there and I can't be part of it. That's something that I'll have to get my brain used to. It went on before I was there, so why not after? My brain, sometimes.

I miss being able to listen to Mandarin all of the time. I was blessed yesterday to hear some at the grocery store. Who would've known? I hope that I will be able to use it more in the future.

I'm going to figure out how I should share my experiences here on my blog. If you have suggestions, I will gladly take them.

For the Mandarin speakers out there. ;)
我要跟你們分享我的見證。我知道耶穌基督後期聖徒教會是天父在這個世上真實的教會。我現在不是傳教士,可是我可以見證天父和耶穌基督愛您。您是天父的孩子。天父要在您的生活中幫助您。如果您歸向耶穌基督您會必得救。我也知道我們都不完美。我們有罪。可是通過耶穌基督我們有希望。如果您要知道更多的話,請告訴我。我邀請您讀摩爾門經。它會幫助您很多。這是我的見證。奉耶穌基督的名,阿門。

Now the next step is moving onto life. Just need to let the Lord guide me in this part. ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those feelings never really go away. It's still unbelievable to me. Thank you for sharing some of your thoughts and feelings :)