Thursday, October 16, 2014

Exciting News!

I'm going to Hong Kong! Yep, that's right! I just found out yesterday. It's so crazy how everything has worked out.

Since the last time I wrote, a lot has happened. I mentioned that Parker had an appendectomy and not two weeks later, my sister had one. What-the-what? And Amber's pregnant so that complicated things a bit. The doctors didn't want to believe that one of her younger brothers just had one, too. But they did tell her that appendicitis is hereditary. Something good to know for future reference.

Mom stayed behind to help out in Amber's house while Dad and I had to go back so I could go to the doctor. (This was all happening the beginning of September.) This was the doctor visit that determined I could go to Hong Kong. All I had to do was send in some things to my Stake President and the him to Salt Lake City.

A couple of weeks later Mom, Dad, Parker, and I went back to Amber and Greg's. Dad had gone early for work and so the rest of us decided to go down to watch the kids play Tee-Ball. On the way home, Dad and I were in his work car and Mom and Parker were in  her car. We were on a toll-way which allows you to go 85 mph. It was night time and all Dad saw were two shadows and WHAM! The airbags all went off and Dad was able to get to the side of the road. He thinks that we hit a javelina. It's a kind of warthog. Dad ended up with a bruised thumb and I got bruised knees. My face would have also been bruised if it weren't for my pillow in front of my face. I was moving it when the javelina hit the car. How do I know this? There's a burnt line on the pillow. Yikes and phew.

Then just a couple weeks ago, Greg strained his back. It was so bad that he couldn't move around. Amber thought that she would be fine on her own, but she called Mom to have me come down to help her. So I stayed down there for a week to help her out. While I was there we saw Beauty and the Beast on stage. Amber had been planning on going with Annabelle and Mom, and since I was still in town, why not me too? It was fun. Two songs were taken out and one added in. It was nice to see it again.

This is also when Mom told me what was going on with my letter back to Salt Lake City. Turns out they never got it. And then when it got to the right person it didn't have enough information. So we had to call the doctor to get a different letter. That took four days of calling and no return calls. That wasn't fun. But once we got it, we turned that baby in.

And waited.

We weren't sure how long it would take but we finally got word yesterday! The Stake President told us then that they thought I would leave on the 21st (Tuesday), but today we got other news. I'll be leaving early in the morning on the 20th! Woah! I'm going to be a missionary again! It's so surreal to me at the moment. I don't know if it'll really hit me until I'm set apart again. But I can't wait. I hope that my Mandarin hasn't digressed too much, but I'm sure the Lord will help. Gah, I can't wait. Hopefully I'll get someone to post e-mails and photos here on my blog. But if you want a hand written letter give me those addresses. ;)

No comments: