Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Amigurumi Toothless


This was a fun pattern, and a little tricky. I wanted to crochet something but I wasn't in the mood of doing my own pattern for some reason. I was sniffing around Ravelry and seeing what I could make. Then I remembered that I had found one a while ago that I thought was pretty cool: Toothless. The pattern can be found here for free by Nicole's Nerdy Knots. 

I may have only done this one in a day... and my thumb is paying for it. He doesn't look that big in the pictures but his wingspan is over 2 ft. There are also a lot of small rounds to make up things like his tail and the spikes. It hurt but you get used to it. I did change the pattern on the wings slightly. I thought that it would look more accurate to the movie, and I would have to do fewer stitches. Score on both counts! I like how it turned out.



No comments: