Thursday, August 22, 2013

White Crochet Purse


I usually use a black purse that I sewed when I was still in Washington. It's been a nice size and works fairly well, but I've been wanting one about the same size in white. I didn't want to sew it this time. I wanted to make something that had a lot of texture, and I figured that crochet would get the effect that I wanted.

For this purse I used single crochet, double crochet, puff stitch, chain, and slip stitch to make it. I had used this same pattern for a couple of scarves and decided that it would work pretty well. This purse is worked with a long chain base and then in the round. After completing it I realized that it needed a fabric lining and I planned on using some magnetic clasps to keep it closed. I ended up sewing all of the fabric by had because I didn't want to pull the sewing machine out for something small. It seemed silly to me. So I used a running stitch around and then slip stitch to attach the lining. I also used a slip stitch to adhere the fabric holding the magnetic half on the flap. It think it worked pretty well.

The lining and magnetic clasps.

No comments: