Saturday, May 18, 2013

Star Trek Into Darkness

Star Trek Into Darkness
PG-13 -- 132 min. -- IMDB

Holy bananas was this movie a lot of fun. There was so much that I was hoping for with this movie. I was hoping that it was going to be just as awesome as the first one. I wasn't disappointed.

The actors did an awesome job. The casting for this moving was amazing. I guess what I should be saying is that the new additions to the casting are amazing. Because we knew that the cast already instated was so. Everyone fits their roles perfectly. The actors all knew what their characters were about and how to portray them to a tee. I think that having believable actors are the first step to having a good movie.

Everything was done beautifully. I believed that this could happen sometime in the future of Earth. The CGI is very believable. The story was a lot of fun, as well. In some way it's a simple story but there are characters who make it more interesting. I wish I could explain this more, but I would be spoiling a lot of it.

My father has seen all of the Star Trek movies out there and noticed some similarities of them to this one. He's kind of at ends with this. Personally, I think that the movie is paying homage to its past. The director and writers would know that Trekkies would catch on to this. The similarities also have some role switching going on and that's what my father wasn't sure about. Here's the thing, though. This isn't the old Star Trek. The future was changed in the first movie. We're now in an alternate reality and there can be some switching. No one knows how anything is going to happen anymore.

As I said previously, this movie is fun. Everything about it screams a good time. Go see it. You won't regret it. ;)

No comments: