Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Iron Man 3

Iron Man 3
PG-13 -- 130 min. -- IMDB

I was fortunate enough to see this movie the day before it was officially released. My dad was looking for some tickets and stumbled upon some that were for May 3rd at 10:30 p.m. Surprise was the first thing that came to mind when he told me. I didn't think that they would have been available the day of to buy. Kind of crazy.

Now to the movie, I had a fun time. I have enjoyed watching Marvel work all of The Avengers movie together. It nice to see some thought put into something like this. It makes it more enjoyable for fans. And I liked that Tony Stark (Robert Downey, Jr.) had some real consequences from his time in New York. He isn't able to blow it off like it was nothing. This shows that he's human.

The way the movie was shot was beautiful as was the CGI. The plot wasn't anything to fancy although there is an interesting surprise. It had made a few of the hard-core comic book readers a little miffed. I do think they could have avoided this by naming that character something completely different and it would have still worked. Maybe that's just me.

The end of the movie leaves a big question mark at the end. It makes you wonder how Iron Man is going to play in The Avengers 2. And stay after the credits. I watched so many people leave the theatre before they were done. I wondered if they had learned anything form the past Avenger movies. It's a fun little scene.

If you're up for some fun entertainment, see this movie. It's a lot of fun.

No comments: