Thursday, April 5, 2018

BuJo: January 2018


January of this year in my BuJo has been quite the learning experience! And a good one at that. One of the things that makes BuJo-ing so appealing to me is the flexibility. There are features that I have kept and features that I have omitted from the 2017 version. And there are several changes. If you remember, I would have four pages dedicated to my monthly spread and monthly trackers. The big changes here is putting that mood tracker with the monthly spread. This way I'm able to change the days into something different every month. This month is Soot Sprites surrounded by konpeito. Love these guys!

So that leaves my huge monthly habit tracker. I decided to try a go at keeping it divided on the weekly spreads. I like thinking about each set of habits during the months instead of during a whole month. It allows my brain to go, "Okay. This week wasn't so good but next week will be better!" It's helped me take control of them. You'll see I omitted two in later spread due to adding them to daily tasks instead. That was mainly for negating redundancy. And another I changed was taking out the sleep tracker. At first it was a good idea. I thought it was helping. But then I realized I was stressing myself when I wasn't able to get that much sleep. It ended up being my personal double-edged sword! I wouldn't sleep as sound and be more tired the next day. Ironic, huh?



Of course the most obvious change is the fact that I can change my layouts at will. The size of my Scribbles That Matter (and quality of the product) allows me to experiment more. I can use all sorts of things that I wasn't able to before. I can now use heavier markers, stamps, and in general just be more artistic. This is something huge for me. I don't get the chance to draw as much and do art anymore. This is my personal release throughout the week. So relaxing.



I had to go crazy with my birthday this year! It's a big number for me. This was kind of a happy accident in some ways. The "30" on the upper picture blead a little bit after trying to blend my Tombows. I must've gone too crazy. But I'm glad because I was able to use some more washi tape along with my HP Sprocket to create the journaling for the day of. I love looking back at it.

"Bacon pancakes, makin' bacon pancakes. I'll take some bacon and put it in a pancake!" - Jake the Dog

And here's all those tiny konpeito filled up. So cute when it's all done!
I'm looking forward to seeing how my BuJo evolves throughout the year. Should continue to be fun! If you want faster updates on this, follow me on Instagram @mule_designs. I'm trying to get better at that, and I hope to see you there!

No comments: