Saturday, September 6, 2014

Recent Art

So I've been trying to keep myself busy while being at home. I decided to do some art. It helps keep me distracted, mostly. While I was with my parents at my Grandad's house, I found some artwork that Granni started before she died. I was able to finish the first two pictured there because there was still some paint and brushes at his house. And no one seemed to mind. I think others may have been excited to see them finished.



Once I was home I remembered that I needed to make some amigurumi for an upcoming niece and nephew. The bunny is for the niece and she actually came six weeks early. I wanted to give it to my brother and sister-in-law at the baby shower but I got caught making it and my four year-old niece gave me up. And the monster worked out really well because we found out my sister was having a boy while me being back. Both of these seemed to go over really well.



Then these last things were done just for fun. The sign is actually some wood that Granni left behind and I decided to go ahead and paint "Welcome Foolish Mortals" on it. This references my favorite Disney Park ride: The Haunted Mansion. Originally it was just going to paint everything all flat, but Amber gave me the idea to modge podge the wallpaper on the back. I'm so glad that I did. I love how it turned out. It should be great to use at Halloween time.


Then this is another thing that Granni started but I finished. She made all the squares but one. I had to make one in order to get the pattern to work out. Which is ironic because there's also a square on the back because it's smaller than the others. I like how it turned out. This will be good to put on a table or on the back of a chair. We'll see in the future.

No comments: