Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Saving Mr. Banks

 Saving Mr. Banks
PG-13 -- IMDb -- 125 min.

Here's the final movie review to catch up on. Sorry about that. With the holidays and going to Disneyland, it all sneaked up on me.

I have to be honest, I wasn't sure about this movie when I first heard about it. I figured that it would be fun and nice to learn some more Disney history. It wasn't until I saw the commercials for it that I started to warm up to the idea. And why not? Quite frankly, I like Disney. Probably more than others.

Seeing this movie was a lot of fun. Although I do know that there are some historical inaccuracies, it's still a fun movie to watch. The acting is awesome by everyone. I kind of wish that Collin Farrell got a little more recognition because he did an amazing job. That isn't to make any of the other actors' and actresses' recognition seem bad.

As it ended up I did like seeing Disney history on the big screen. It actually makes me miss working for Disney. Despite sometimes running into people that were less than appreciative, seeing the magic and the wonder was always inspiring. This movie may have made me like Disney more, if that's even possible.

There's a lot of fun to be had when seeing this movie. Yes, it will bore most children; but that isn't audience. It's the child still in the adult. The one that wonders how the magic is made. This gives that.

No comments: