Friday, July 26, 2013

Lulu the Dark Elf


I recently got a hold of Amigurumi! Super Happy Crochet Cute by Elisabeth A. Doherty at Half-Priced Books. I have been wanting to make something from that book for years now but this is the only time I could have gotten the book for under $8. I didn't want to follow one of the patterns to the "T," though. I decided that this would be a good time for making a Dark Elf like I have for some time.

This girl took some time to make. My wrists and knuckles have been giving me some grief more than I had anticipated. I had to take more breaks than I liked. The hair took longer than I thought it would, as well. I hadn't done a french braid for an amigurumi before and it took a little more thought. It was also nice to sew some clothes for her. Everything can come off of her but the shirt. I had to sew it shut although I could have added snaps. I really like how she came out. Now it's time for close-up shots.










No comments: