Monday, May 30, 2011

A Month of Disney

It's pretty crazy to think that I have already been here for over a month now. It still feels like I've only been here for a couple of weeks. So much has happened in this little amount of time. Part of me wishes that I could stay more than the summer but I know that if I don't go then I'll just be delaying graduation and finally getting out on my own. (Scary thought of its own, but that's for another time.)

I'm so glad that my family was able to come down for a few days. I wish that I was able to be with them for the entire time but I guess that's part of working here. We had so much fun enjoying all of the parks. There was, of course, drama to go along with it, but what family vacation doesn't have that? I do wish that they could have stayed longer. I know that it was time, though. If they had stayed even longer I would just miss them more than I already do and I would be out of 'my groove.' Thanks for coming down, all. <3

As for work itself I think that there's pros and cons like any other job. Working on the register can get pretty boring, and being a college program student means that I work some pretty ridiculous shifts. My poor roommate has been working 11 hour shifts for a while now and I hope she gets a break soon. I've been working from the evening to early in the morning most of the time. The people who have worked at the store I'm at longer get better shifts than I do but I'm okay with that. Who gets to say that they have worked at Walt Disney World? Other college program participants tell me that I'm going to get sick of it. I don't want to. The difference I've noticed in them is that they're... slackers. I don't think they're used to working all of the time. Welcome to the real world, kids. One of them tried to convince me that I was lying about how I felt about working here. Whatever.

I've been asked on several occasions on what is my favorite park. Can I be a truthful in saying that I think they are all my favorite? All of them have good things and not-so-good things. (I don't say bad because I don't think anything has really been bad.) There are still a couple of rides that I want to hit. I also want to start getting pictures and, yes, signatures of characters. I think that it would be fun, and why shouldn't I? I should be able to get quite a few when I get down to it. There are also some shows that I need to see before I go. Some at the parks and at least one off of the parks: La Nouba by Cirque Du Soleil. I get half of and what other time will that happen? It's must see while I'm here. Oh, and something totally not Disney related: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Yeah, you heard me. Be jealous. ;)

I want to keep posting pictures of my adventures onto Facebook... but I have run into a little problem. My computer--now named Dinosaur--won't read my 4GB SD card. It'll read the full 1GB, but not that one. I also neglected to bring the cord for my camera to connect to the computer. I know it's in a box in UT but I think the software is in a different spot than the camera box. Interesting problem, huh? I'll see what can be done; until then, I'm sorry!

I'll keep you all as updated as I can. <3

2 comments:

Karen said...

You are awesome. What a great attitude! You are correct in your thinking. We loved spending time with you too! Love u much and we are so proud of you!!

JiJi said...

Yep, had a great time with you and we're very proud of you! Keep having fun!