Sunday, December 12, 2010

Black n' Blue Kanzashi and Dress

I recently made a dress as my final project for my sewing project. I needed something that I could wear in my hair to go with it. What better to use the fabric that the dress is made out of to make the accessory? The dress has two tones: the blue/navy for the top and the black way polka dot for the bottom. I decided that I wanted to make a different kind of flower as the main focus this time around. I believe that it's called ume, meaning plum in Japanese. As a first time around, I think it ended up pretty well.

Here's a picture of me wearing the whole thing together. Why am I not wearing shoes? I walked home without them on... they were giving me blisters. The dress is also a little big big around, so I might fix that in the future. Who knows when though.

No comments: